TAKE TIME TO NUTURE YOUR SELF
Workshops and retreats are a wonderful way to deepen your yoga practice. I seek to cultivate a nourishing, supportive and playful environment within which you can safely explore the practices that make your body, mind and soul sing. I want everyone to experience the joy I feel when I practice, as well as the sense of liberation that comes when you feel comfortable and at peace within yourself.
YOGA FOR CYCLISTS
WHEN: Saturday June 30 2018, 2-4pm
WHAT: Fixed, single speed, Boris… whatever your ride of choice, whether you compete or commute, this is the workshop for you. Designed to strengthen, stabilise and stretch the muscles used during cycling, this workshop will give you the tools you need – both mentally and physically – to get more out of your time on your bike. As well as increasing flexibility and strength, it will boost concentration and self-awareness, helping reduce the risk of injury. We’ll begin by warming up with some targeted flows, before moving onto postures that will stabilise and strengthen, as well as stretch out, the areas most used in cycling: the quads and hamstrings, hips and groin, upper back and shoulders, and the lower back and core. We’ll also explore breath work (pranayama) and how you can harness it to improve your endurance and mental focus. You’ll leave feeling balanced, stretched out and strong, and full of useful tips and tricks you can do at home. Suitable for beginners and experienced yogis alike. To book your spot, click here!
SPRING YOGA WEEKEND
WHEN: 25-28 May 2018
HOW MUCH: From £360pp* (* Early bird offer, ends 28 Feb 2018, based on shared accommodation)
WHAT: The amazing Lynne Fugard and I are teaming up again for an incredible bank holiday weekend retreat at Gayles. Situated right on the edge of the iconic Heritage Coast, Gayles is a magical place and we are honoured to be hosting our second retreat here. We're offering 4 days and 3 nights of yoga and meditation, sharing the transformative practices we both hold dear: vinyasa flow, mandala, yin, restorative, nidra, chanting, pranayama and much more. It will be a wonderful opportunity to explore and get creative and playful together in a supportive, safe space. Gayles will be providing wholesome and nourishing vegetarian and vegan food, often sourced from their very own patch. Spaces are limited, so if you're interested, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4 days and 3 nights accommodation
- 2 yoga sessions per day (90 minutes to two hours each)
- A mix of playful, energising flow and more restorative, grounding practices
- Daily guided meditation
- Optional yoga and creative workshops
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals, unlimited tea and coffee (let us know any additional dietary requirements)
- Shared accommodation in small single-sex dorms, camping (by the coast!). Single/double rooms available for a surcharge, again, email us to inquire and we'll do our best to accommodate you, but spaces are limited
- Plenty of down time to explore the beautiful Heritage Coast
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Transport to and from London is easy and fast (under 2 hours). There are 96 trains (who knew?!) from London Victoria to Eastbourne a day, and you can get an open return from just £35.80. From Eastbourne, it's a 15-minute taxi ride to Gayles, costing about £10. Let us know when you're coming and we'll try and pair you up to split the cost. Alternatively, it's less than a two-hour drive from London and again, we can help you organise car-share groups.
GREEK YOGA RETREAT
WHEN: 16-23 June 2018
COST: From £550pp. Early bird discount of 10% applies until end of March. Message me for details!
WHAT: A week of twice-daily yoga, sun and sea (and maybe the odd glass of vino too). I'm so excited about this opportunity to delve deeper into this transformative practice with a group of like-minded souls. The wonderful Just Relax team have been running retreats at their seaside villa for three years and are seasoned pros at cultivating a relaxed, nurturing environment. Think of this as your home-from-home for a week.
- 7 nights in a beautiful Greek villa
- Twice-daily yoga practices: typically dynamic, energising alignment-focused flow in the mornings and nourishing, soul-soothing practices such as yin, restorative and nidra in the evenings. (Please note: there will be one day off midweek so your body and mind can completely switch off and absorb these practices and our beautiful surroundings.)
- Daily guided meditation
- Boat trip to a special secret spot for yoga
- Daily brunches showcasing local ingredients
- 5 Greek vegetarian dinners (no dinner during the day off or the boat day, we will go out to a local restaurant)
- 1 lunch (on the boat day)
- Welcome massage
- Bicycles for you to explore the island
- Sunbeds, parasols, yoga equipment, wifi, washing machine etc...
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Transfer from the airport to the villa (costs 61 euros by taxi). Just Relax will try to group people together where is possible so you can share the cost!). Or you can take the local bus from The main Bus Station in Corfu Town.
- The other lunches during the week. This is because brunch usually finishes at 11.30am or so, and we want you to feel like you have plenty of free time to relax and explore. However if you do get peckish, there some lovely traditional restaurants near the villa (Almyros Beach) and Acharavi Village is a 20-minute walk away (or 10 minute bike ride), where you will find plenty of tavernas and restaurants. Alternatively, there are also always plenty of leftovers from dinner so do not fear, you will never go hungry!
To book, contact Just Relax Yoga Holidays direct. Spots are limited to 12, so click here to reserve yours!